Subject: Re: Help
To: Jon Hui <always@hknet.com>
From: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1996 11:09:05

> Hi,
>
> I've just donloaded and installed NetBSD 1.1 on my LC III. However, when
> the Install Utility is installing the base11 file, a dialog box appear
> saying Unimplemented Trap and I have to restart my Mac. This happens
> *every* time I install the base11. But installing the other files is OK.
> Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?
>
> Besides, the INSTALL file said:
> >Some systems will boot and are usable from an external terminal
> >(serial tty or SL/IP):
> >	LC III
> >	Performa 550
> >	possibly others
> What is external terminal means? Can I install nd use NetBSD on my LC
> III? Or is there anyone running NetBSD on an LC III?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Jon

I've come across this problem before.  I found that the problem has gone
away after I got a new copy of the file, in your case that means downloading
the entire 8MB file again.  Although that sounds like too much fun, it
gets the problem solved.  I've only had to do that once, so I'm not entirely
sure that was the solution, but I'm pretty sure.

Jon
wookie@us.net