Subject: Re: X Window display server
To: Paul Carter <paul@maclincs.demon.co.uk>
From: Hauke Fath <saw@sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1996 14:35:26
At 9:16 Uhr 27.07.1996, Paul Carter wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have downloaded the eXodus demo and it is works fine when connecting to
>Sun boxes, My question is :-
>
>Should eXodus for Macintosh work when connected to my NetBSD Mac?

YES. You can either run its own window manager or set up xdm and run fvwm.

I am happily running eXodus 5.2 on a MacOS Quadra 700 ethernetted to a
NetBSD SE/30. Well -- happily... It is a memory hog ( >= 6 MB with
occasional memory leaks), it could be faster and it could be more stable
(crashes every 2-3 hrs).
I haven't tested 6.0 yet.

>Below are the eXodus for Macintosh release notes for you information.

Err...
A pointer to www.whitepine.com would have sufficed.

	hauke

---