Subject: Re: Can't boot multi-user on an SE/30
To: Aaron Mansheim <a-manshe@runet.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/26/1996 14:31:10
> with Apple HD SC Setup for 12 Mb swap plus a root & usr partition,
> did Mkfs on the root & usr, installed with (1.1) base11, netbsd11,

Here's your problem                                        ^^^^^^^^

> - new improved kernel.

This will probably fix the problem.  Unfortunately, the netbsd11
distribution seems to have had some rather bad scsi code in it.  This was
fixed shortly after its release, but not quite soon enough.  Anyway, get
yourself a copy of GENERIC#7 off of puma, it has been fairly stable for me.

Try:

http://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/

It should fix the troubles you are having, if not, please tell us what
kind of errors your getting at that point.

Later.

P.S.  There's a brand new Q&A in the FAQ for how to install a new
kernel.  Check it out.