Subject: Re: Installing
To: Dirk Mahoney <mouse@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1996 21:53:37
Hi,

I was able to duplicate the NetBSD/Mac Installer error you were
having by selecting a drive which had A/UX partitions, but no
"A/UX Root" or "A/UX Root&Usr slice 0" partitions.  In this instance
it will apparently hang the machine after giving an error 22, whether you
are using the old or new installer.

It appears as if the installer thinks you do not have a valid "root"
partition.  My suggestion is to double-check the partition, or to try using
different partitioning software.

I will take another look at the installer this weekend and try to
work in proper code for this.  Machine hangs(or bus errors) are definitely
not desired behavior.

Steve Brown