Subject: Re: No route to host
To: Josh Hope <melkor@norden1.com>
From: Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1996 09:06:45
Josh Hope wrote on 25.7.1996
  No route to host

- Well, I got pppd to work successfully, it's just that I have to configure
- everything now...
-
- I've looked around at puma and can't find it...
-
- Anyways, whenever I try using ftp or telnet it just pretty much says:
-
- No route to host

Just a few ideas for debugging:

Have you checked that pppd is still running ? It quits quitly :-(
Check that you HAVE a route to that host (or at least a default route).
netstat is your friend, try netstat -nr to show the routing tables. You
have told pppd to establish a default route, or ?

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
<mailto:lutz@muc.de>       ph: +49-89-93940364  | But not fair at all
<http://www.muc.de/~lutz>  fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.