Subject: Installing
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dirk Mahoney <mouse@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1996 01:35:48
Hi,

I'm running an SE/30 with 8MB RAM, Quantum 365S Hard Disk.  I have set
aside an 89MB root & usr partition and a 20MB swap partition for
NetBSD/Mac68k 1.1.  I have successfully formatted the partition using Mkfs,
but the installer dies just after specifying the hard disk with an error 22
'mountfs()'.  It then bombs with a bus error.  I have tried everything from
changing OS versions, enabling/disabling 32-bit addressing and I can't seem
to get it to work.

I am currently using 7.53, but have tried it under 7.5, 7.52 and 6.07.  I
have tried it with the gzipped files and with them decompressed and I still
can't get it working!  I have renamed 'netbsd11' to 'netbsd10' and just
about everything else I can think of.

Please, help!!!

Thanks - Dirk