Subject: Re: Booter 1.9.2
To: Bob <bob@hotcity.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1996 12:33:35

> I have tired using Booter 1.9.2 and it causes a Unimplemented Trap and
> then crashs my MacOS.

I bet you have a "minimal" installed MacOS, no? There is a call that was
part of an experiment for supporting booting w/ VM on. The project wasn't
completed, and this call was left in. It is not implimented on minimal
systems, but is on full installs.

I updated the booter to 1.9.3beta1 (to add serial port support), and this
version also has the bug. The code has been fixed, but I'm not sure where
the fixed version lives (I was just adding support for more serial port
features).

Take care,

Bill