Subject: Re: Update to new user gets bomb in booter
To: Denton Gentry <Denny.Gentry@Eng.Sun.COM>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1996 12:38:32
On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Denton Gentry wrote:

>   Yesterday I reported a problem with bombing in the booter. Last night
>   as a shot in the dark I downloaded Booter 1.8 from eskimo.com to try.
>   It booted right up, no problem. I am now a happy netbsd user.
>
>   So my problem is in Booter 1.9.2, not in the netbsd kernel or
>   the installation. Is there anything further I can do to diagnose
>   the problem in order for it to be fixed in later Booter versions?
>   I can install Macsbug if someone tells me what information
>   from the debugger would help.
> 						Denny

Have you tried increasing the memory allocated to the Booter?  I know that
memory settings used to cause the installer 1.0 to crash, and I thought
maybe the booter was starting to show higher memory needs.  Thoughts?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |