Subject: Re: NetBSD Mac to MacOS Mac cable for PPP?
To: Michael L. Kornegay <mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us>
From: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1996 12:10:20
On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Michael L. Kornegay wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Reciently, someone indicated in the discussions about PPP that a
>Macintosh Printer cable could be used between two Macs for the
>serial link.
>
>Is this true?
>
>I am tring this and seeing nothing on the MacOS terminal emulator,
>and seeing ...getty repeating too quickly... messages on the NetBSD
>system.  I am using the modem port on both machines.

I'm using my printer cable between NetBSD on my Mac II to my PB 170 using
SLIP and it works just fine. I put it on the other port of my Mac II for
regular serial connection and the term emu worked just fine as well.

Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp@primenet.com                          [PINE]
Public Key 27E97EBD = 62 0E B9 A2 45 D2 64 AC 8A B4 6D 9D 5B 23 90 1F

                   So much time... so little to do.