Subject: Re: LocalTalk status?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Kornegay <mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/1996 20:07:51
In Regards to your letter <9607181737.AA08740@vali.stanford.edu>:

> LocalTalk is not supported at present, though it is on the to-do list.
> Though it's about #4, and a BIG #4 at that (adding it correctly would
> mean adding new device drivers, like a bpf-for-LLAP, and possably adding
> AppleTalk support to the kernel).
If we had a LocalTalk serial driver, couldnt we port netatalk to use
that?  Is the big part of the effort the driver or the rest of the
code?

Has anyone ported netatalk to NetBSD for use over EtherTalk?

If netatalk on other machines supports localtalk (I dont know), does
it support Apples IP in Appletalk tunneling?

> making NetBSD not crash if it's hooked up to a LocalTalk net (one
> of my original complaints about NetBSD :-)
I havent noticed this yet.  At home I have very little localtalk
traffic.  Basically just between mac and its printer.  What should
I watch out for on the NetBSD mac, a full crash?

Thanks,

Michael L. Kornegay
Internet: mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us