Subject: Booting on a Performa 600
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <scrptwiz@glasscity.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/18/1996 02:01:46
About corrupted archives:

I found out the problem for this one. Apparantly the archives got corrupt
when I transferred them via AppleTalk to my computer from the IIsi...

Okay, now, I install the kernel (I don't wanna go through the gigantic
installation of everything else) and build devices. I then try booting,
and the booter pops up a dialog saying that my machine is untested, la de
da de dah. I boot, then the computer freezes before the screen even goes
white.

Specifics:

No FPU
5MB RAM
Kernel 64 generic
Booter 1.9.2
Booting off of INTERNAL drive in NetBSD/mac68k mode

And, yes, extensions are off. I will attempt to boot in B&W, but I have a
feeling this will be of no use...since I have already attempted booting
from this machine before and failed...

Any insight or help would be much appreciated (wasn't there someone who
was booting from a Performa 600?)

Josh Hope
       E-Mail:   scrptwiz@glasscity.net
          Web:   http://www.glasscity.net/users/scrptwiz/
"Breaking Windows isn't just for kids anymore."