Subject: Corrupted Archives
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <scrptwiz@glasscity.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/1996 21:53:31
OK, now this makes no sense at all...

As I have said before, I am now trying to get NetBSD up on my internal HD
on my Performa 600. When using the installer to extract the kernel, it
gives an error that the archive is corrupted. This is the same kernel I
extracted on the IIsi flawlessly!

I also try extracting the SBC kernel. This archive is corrupted, again.

When installing the base11 archive, the computer stops on like the 4th
item. It just stops. I can move the mouse around the screen, the clock
moves, etc., but nothing loads off the HD.

So now the installer refuses to co-operate w/ my Performa?

Oh yeah, I have tried running the installer w/o extensions...

Also, when it says corrupted archive, it's actually already totally
decompressed the archive. When I tried booting off of either kernel, I
get an error that the kernel is corrupted (either generic 64 or generic
sbc)...

Josh Hope
       E-Mail:   scrptwiz@glasscity.net
          Web:   http://www.glasscity.net/users/scrptwiz/