Subject: Re: I hath defeated Murphy
To: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: World Scientific Publishing US Office <wspc@MAPLE.NIS.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/1996 11:56:01
At 10:25 AM 7/16/96, Paul Goyette wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] wrote:
>
>> type "reboot" or "shutdown -r now" and then use shutdown under MacOS.
>
>Last time I checked, "shutdown -h now" also worked.  Saves having to
>bring up MacOS just to do a shutdown...
        Does "halt" do the same as "shutdown -h now"?

World Scientific Publishing Co., Inc. (US office)
Suite 1B, 1060 Main Street
River Edge, NJ 07661 USA

Phone: (201) 487-9655
Fax:   (201) 487-9656

Internet e-mail: wspc@wspc.com            (US office)
                 wsped@singnet.com.sg     (Editorial Dept, Singapore office)
                 worldscp@singnet.com.sg  (Singapore office)
                 wspc@wspc.demon.co.uk    (UK office)

*                  Now on the World-Wide Web!                         *
*           Our Home Page URL http://www.wspc.com                     *
*   .sty files for our journals can be obtained by anonymous FTP to   *
*    ftp.singnet.com.sg at the directory /groups/world_scientific     *