Subject: Console display problems, and Installer Ideas
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joel Klecker <jklecker@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1996 18:58:47
If I display anything that uses bold or underline(like trying to read a man
page for instance) the terminal seems to get screwed up(text inverts,
nothing will work full screen, it won't scroll properly). As long as I take
care to only display plain text, it works fine. dt seems to work fine. My
machine is a 20MB LCIII and I'm currently using JPW's ADBTEST 139 kernel.

I've been using MacPGP quite a bit lately and it occurred to me that the
NetBSD Installer could use a MacPGP-like approach to replace the
mini-shell(that is each command in the mini-shell is replaced my a menu
command that uses dialogs to replace command lines). It could also use a
few more commands; mv, cp, and rm come to mind. I'd give it a shot myself,
but I'd rather not inflict my current level of programming skills on anyone
else's machine(don't ask :) ). Anyone else have anything to add to the wish
list?

--
Joel Klecker
jklecker@pobox.com