Subject: Shutting the machine down
To: netbsd <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Schmiedl <101321.3101@CompuServe.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1996 18:21:00
David A. Gatwood replied to the question of how to turn
the machine off with
> type "reboot" or "shutdown -r now" and then use shutdown under MacOS

Well, I have been using "shutdown -h now" for quite a while now.
After the final messages about syncing disks and halting the system
I switch my SE/30 off -- without rebooting.

Am I doing something awful wrong, maybe even damaging hardware??

By the way, it's bad enough that I have to switch virtual memory off
in the memory control panel and reboot MacOS before I can boot
successfully (Booter 1.8, Generic 7). But having to reboot the machine just
to shut it down would seem a little bit, well, strange ... ;-)

Stefan Schmiedl
101321.3101@compuserve.com