Subject: Re: PPP
To: Josh Hope <scrptwiz@glasscity.net>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1996 15:59:59
On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Josh Hope wrote:

> If this is possible, could someone recommend a nice PPP server?

PPP isn't really a client-server pair.  They're the same program.  It's
just a question of what it's i/o is being piped into and out of.  You'll
need to set up NetBSD with firewall toolkit, probably.  Look for fwtk
instructions at http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/fwtk-faq.html

In addition, you may need to get a second IP number from your ISP, unless
it does that through bootp, in which case... I have no idea.  Should work
through a firewall if you set it up right, I guess.

Hope that helps a little.

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |