Subject: Re: I hath defeated Murphy
To: Josh Hope <scrptwiz@glasscity.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1996 09:58:35

> Everything is working perfect. I am in multi-user mode, the EZ is mounted
> as rw, everything is hunky dory.

Congrats!

> For those people who said it doesn't work w/ the EZ: That is all because
> you have a Mac partition. The Mac OS thinks it is restarting, and
> attempts to eject all Mac disks, which includes the EZ. I have booted
> from the EZ successfully (before I couldn't even boot, until I removed
> the Mac partition).

Or use a different formatting package's driver. When I reformatted a
zip cartridge with a fixed-disk driver (FWB PowerTools I think) which
didn't eject on shutdown, things were fine even with an HFS partition.

> Couple of questions:
>
> 3. How do I turn the damned thing off? :)

shutdown -h now while root, and then hit the power switch when it says to.

Take care,

Bill