Subject: Re: Can't get write enabled.
To: Josh Hope <scrptwiz@glasscity.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1996 21:24:32
Well, if you booted in single-user mode, none of your file systems will
get mounted automatically.  You need to do a "mount -u /" command to
"update" the mount status of the root fs to whatever /etc/fstab says it
should be, and/or a "mount -a" to mount "all" file systems listed in the
file.

If you boot multi-user, these steps get done automatically for you as
part of executing the startup script /etc/rc.