Subject: Re: adding ptys?
To: Lt Avram Dorfman <dorfman@hq.af.mil>
From: None <sparta@imsa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1996 18:30:38
Thus spake Lt Avram Dorfman:

> Can someone point me to the documentation describing how to add ptys, or
> whatever it is that I need so that i can have more than four simultaneous
> shells?
>
> -1LT Avram Dorfman
> HQ USAF Network Management
> permanent email address: avram@pobox.com
>
> "Methodological observation of the sociometrical behavior tendencies of
> prematurated isolates indicates that a causal relationship exists between
> groundward tropism and lachrimatory behavior forms."

Hm... since we're updating the faq:

Take a look at the MAKEDEV script located in /dev.  It can be used to make
most any device you like.  I believe teh command to get the pseudo terminals
you need would be "MAKEDEV tty[pq]*" or tty* alternatively.

You can also use this to make just about anything else you might need like
rewind tape devices or other such sundry stuff.

Gene

--
Gene Skonicki - sparta@imsa.edu - Of course I'm sane, the voices tell me so.