Subject: Re: Booting on a IIsi
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1996 15:22:36
On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Colin Wood wrote:

> Does anyone know for sure whether or not internal/on-board video is
> working on the IIsi?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer & historical perspective:
Unless it glitched out since generic 7, it's worked for a while now.  I've
been using onboard IIsi video since I joined this list... whenever that
was....  Um....  All the way back to netbsd11 Alpha, though with lots of
little problems with alpha and the release version, not video related
problems, though.  It's been pretty much stable since a couple of releases
after that, about the beginning of 1996, plus or minus.  Of course, I've
never tested in anything other than 1 bit and 8 bit (b/w or 256 color)
modes.  16 color might crash, VRAM upgrades and thousands of colors modes
might crash (probably).  Dunno.

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |