Subject: Re: Booting on a IIsi
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <scrptwiz@glasscity.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1996 03:26:12
I completed downloading base11 and installed it. Booting still did not
work, stopping at the same point.

Currently I have the generic 64 kernal, etc11, and base11 installed. This
is a FPU-less system, using on-board video.

I'd also like to mention that I totally re-formatted the drive, ran Mkfs,
then installed (in this order): netbsd.GENERIC_64.tar.gz, etc11, base11.
Then I built devices.

Settings in Booter 1.9.2:

Single User: On
Extra debugging info: Off
Serial Boot Echo: Off
Serial Console: Off

GMT bias: 0

No env dumps: On
Don't disable VBL interrupts on video cards: Off (I have tried on and it
does the same thing)
Don't bug me about untested machine: Off
Show dialog & wait for OK before booting: On
Hald boot on non-fatal errors: Off

Kernal Location: NetBSD/mac
Kernal Name: netbsd (I have verified that that is the name :))
Partition Name: A/UX Root&Usr slice 0
Root SCSI ID: 1
Ask?: Off
Miniroot: <empty>
RAM: 5
Auto-size RAM: On

I just wanted to be through here again. System run-down:

Mac IIsi
Booting off of an EZ formatted w/o Autorecovery or Mac partition w/ APS
2.7.3
5 MB RAM
No FPU
System 7.5.3 Revision 2
Black & White mode
No extensions
No VM
Internal IIsi video

I have not gone through and edited any files installed by etc11 or
base11.

I will mention the error here w/ extra debugging info:

[ preserving 93836 bytes of netbsd symbol table ]
Bootstrapping NetBSD/mac68k.
Getting mapping from MMU.
System RAM: 5210112 bytes in 1272 pages.
     Low = 0x4000000, high = 0x43f8000
     Low = 0x80000, high = 0x100000
     Low = 0x43f8000, high = 0x4400000
  no internal video at address 0 -- videoaddr is 0xfee08000.
Done.
Bootstrapping the pmap system.
Pmap bootstrapped.
Moving ROMBase from 0x40800000 to 0x9f9000.
Video address 0xfee08000 -> 0xbf9000.

Then nothing...

Thanks...

Josh Hope
       E-Mail:   scrptwiz@glasscity.net
          Web:   http://www.glasscity.net/users/scrptwiz/
A committee should consist of three men, two of whom are absent.