Subject: Re: Bootable disk...
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Nick STEPHEN <stephen@gr.osf.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1996 09:46:46
Wayland Smith <alannon@cafe.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Jul 1996, Jell-O wrote:
> > > I haven't tried mklinux yet.  How does it boot up?  Any code from there
> > > that might help us on this part of the project?
> >
> > 	mklinux works with a control panel that lets you change which
> > kernel boots at startup.  I'm not sure how you switch back FROM linux
> > though.  I've not used it either (I don't have a powermac yet)
> >
> > alannon@cafe.net
>
> If in linux mode, will give you ten seconds at startup to click a button
> to boot MacOS, otherwise mklinux boots (or doesn't, as the case may be).
> If in macos mode, unfortunately, there's no box.  Pity, really.

The mklinux booter allows you to set the default operating system to
boot, giving you a user-configurable delay before booting that
operating system in order to allow you to select your operating system
of choice. The delay, and the default operating system, can be set by
editing the file "mklinux.prefs" in the preferences folder (it would
be nice to be able to edit this from the control panel, but that's not
there yet).

                [ Nick ]
__
Nick Stephen		     MkLinux:  http://www.mklinux.apple.com
OSF Research Institute	     Homepage: http://www.gr.osf.org/~stephen
2, Avenue de Vignate	     Email:    stephen@gr.osf.org
38610 Gieres - France	     Phone:    +33 76 63 48 72   Fax: +33 76 51 05 32