Subject: Re: boot/install...frustration...HELP!...grr...
To: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: William Ingle Gillis <will@dircon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/13/1996 17:46:20
>William Ingle Gillis wrote:
>>
>> >I have a Mac IIci that i'm trying to get NetBSD to boot up on.  Have been
>> >playing round with different versions, kernels, and kernel-locations for
>> >about a week now, and have had no luck -- the same boot problem (described
>> >below) keeps happening quite consistently.  .  I'm guessing it's a hardware
>> >problem, but since i'm something of a Unix illiterate (i want BSD on my
>> >external drive so i can teach myself to use Unix), I really wouldn't have
>> >any idea what the truth of the matter is.
>> >
>> >I have included at the end of this letter a copy of the TechTool 1.0.9
>> >read-out of my computer specs (in it's normal running mode, and with
>> >RAM-doubler & other extensions turned on)
>
>Well, I'd guess that that is your first problem!  Try turning off _ALL_ of
>your
>extensions, _especially_ RAM doubler!  You don't want your Mac's memory map to
>be anything other than standard when you boot up MacBSD

already understood, actually.  sorry for any mis-communication, there.  i
was just noting (in case anyone needed to know) that the TechTool
_read-out_ was taken with the extensions on.  i've had them all off
(including ram doubler) throughout all of these boot problems . . .

William . . .
will@dircon.co.uk
  , ,
, oo ,  "We're all mad here.  I'm mad.  You're mad."
o -- o
 /__\                     -- The Cheshire Cat