Subject: Re: PowerBook 520
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1996 08:02:34
> .. >     I have a PowerBook 520 (68LC040 - no FPU) @ 25 MHz with an internal
>
> .. > (mount, ps, etc...) generate an "Illegal Instruction" error and exit
> ..
> .. Since you are getting illegal instruction errors, it sounds like you are
> .. having trouble with a lack of an fpu.
>
> The problem seems to be more complex than that because of the programs
> in /bin, only ps is linked with libm.

I think that the problem is more related to how the kernel is handling
FPU exceptions.  I think it's actually assuming that 68040 implies FPU.
I'll try to take a look at it, but probably won't be able to get to it
immediately for several reasons...  If anyone wants to look at it, scan
locore.s for references to M68040 and _mmutype.

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>