Subject: Re: upgrade schedule/suggestions (was Re: 1.2Beta/mac68k snapshot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Kornegay <mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/1996 21:39:11
In Regards to your letter <Pine.NEB.3.93.960711165034.2286D-100000@vulcan>:

> > Sounds like I should be configuring my own, but I'm not sure where to start
>
> It's not a bad idea to start from the GENERIC config and pare it down.

Its been quite a while since I have done this sort of thing.  Remind me
how this works.  I think the config is basicly a *link*? of the kernel,
or is it a compile of some files and then a link?

What portions of the source and development trees would I have to install
to do this?
- hopefully only a portion of the source tree?

What is the guess of the imminent availability date for version 1.2?

Thanks for all the comments,

Michael L. Kornegay
Internet: mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us