Subject: Re: Network Configuration
To: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/10/1996 09:29:22

> Hi all!
>
> 1. How do I set up the network, I mean like setting the host name and that
> stuff!
> I'm a bit of bored of the name myname.my.domain!

Look in /etc/rc.tcp (I think that's the file). It sets everything up,
and you just need to fill in the datafiles it wants.

> 2. Is it possible to connect an ordinary Mac through the serial port, and then
> use telnet to connect to my BSD-mac?

Use telnet? Do you just want to log onto the mac, or do you want to
run slip/ppp over the serial line? To just log in, turn on the getty
in /etc/ttys for the port you hook up.

Setting ppp up would be a bit more complicated.

Take care,

Bill