Subject: hello & a wild hack idea for the adb
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/1996 17:06:17
hello.  I'm a would-be user with a powerbook 180.  If i understand the
current status for such machines, they can only be used through the
serial port, but the internal display works?

What occurred to me is taking the old tandy 102 from the shelf, and
connectiing it to a seral port for a keyboard.  A serial mouse could be
connected to another port.

Is this workable?  It's obviously not *the* solution, but it could let
some portables wander . . .

At the moment, my 180 is driveless.  For that matter, it needs a new
keyboard :)  I was planning on selling it, or getting a zip or ez135 and
leaving it at home for the kids, but if i could run a unix on it, i'll
pick up a new drive, and dust off the tandy.

Anyway, what i *really* want to do would be to run lyx, which would also
require getting xforms cross-compiled.  And if this is at all possible,
i'd rather avoid buying an entirely new machine if my old one wil do :)

rick