Subject: Re: New Daystar kernel
To: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1996 22:55:06
> Is there much chance that cache support will make it into the main
> source tree?
>
> The test kernel works well for me too, but giving up some of the more recent
> improvements to the kernel just for the speed increase is a bummer.

Yes, I hope to (eventually) get them sucked into the main
source tree.  The first hurdle is "sensing" the accelerator.
(Right now the source changes are not compatible with
 non-accelerated machines...)

I was hoping to release source diffs, but unfortunately I
can't get current kernels to work with my video card... :(
(And my real job has been requiring more of my time lately...)

Kevin

|/     |)                   ~ Flight Management Systems Engineer
|\evin |\adke                ~ Rockwell-Collins Avionics
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kmradke@fmsb.cca.rockwell.com ~  Iowa State University Grad