Subject: Re: Is there a version of fvwm for the X11R6 distribution of NetBSD 1.1?
To: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1996 20:57:47
>Is there a version of fvwm for the X11R6 distribution of NetBSD 1.1?
>
>Regards
>
>Johan Claesson

There is not a Mac68k specific port.  I was able to compile and run the
generic source distribution with very few changes.  I think the current version
is fvwm2.0.42.  Two of the current distribution sites are as follows:

        ftp://ftp.hpc.uh.edu/pub/fvwm

        ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/X11/window-managers/

I note your email address has a ".se" ending, so you may want to use "archie"
to get a closer site.

Please note: fvwm2.0.42 is a beta release.  It has been running happily
        on my IIx with no noticeable problems, but, as always, your mileage
        may vary.

If you run into any problems compiling, either mail me or post to the list
and we'll try to help out.

Steve Brown

p.s. Of the things that I've compiled, very few required much changing
        to work on NetBSD/Mac.  "mh" had to be bludgeoned a bit, but
        most of the others went with no problem.