Subject: Re: Unofficial NetBSD/mac68k-1.2_BETA prerelease available
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1996 11:56:24
[This was originally to Clint Sharp <clint@ipa.net>, but the reply
bounced, and I suppose the data is pertinent to the list...  feel free to
chime in and correct me, folks.]

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Clint Sharp wrote:

> when are we looking at getting ncrscsi96 working? If I'm correct, thats
> the one in the 630 series correct?

Well, I'm not quite sure what SCSI controller is on the 630 series, but it
_might_ be the 53C96 (or a compatible chip).  I do know that the internal
disk in your 638 is an IDE disk, though.  I'd heard a rumor that someone
was working on that, but that was some time ago now.

Allen Briggs <briggs@macbsd.com> is really the guy to talk to about the
53C96 support.  I believe he's been working on other things, though,
recently; for example, having Ethernet working would be a bigger plus than
working SCSI (booting with an NFS root would speed SCSI driver
development).

--scott