Subject: Re[2]: modem setup & temp. signoff & minor queries
To: <>
From: None <Dan.McMahill@sciatl.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1996 10:33:00
>> Second question, does anyone know how to connect to the plain ascii
>> interface of Compu$erve? Would I have to use something like kermit
>> or some terminal program? Where could I obtain those?
>> The reason here is that the folks still do not provide a pop mail server,
>> I could use for reading my mail from outside.

>Try 'tip', a program included in the distribution. /etc/remote
>is the file to configure the modem. Don't try 'cu'; I've never
>gotten it to work.

I am using cu without any problems.  What I discovered was that I had
to only use pins 2,3,5 (TX,RX, and GND) on the serial port.  When the
DTR pin was connected I used to get error messages from cu (don't
remember it said exactly, but something like i/o error).  Now I just
cu -s 9600 -l /dev/tty00
or
cu -s 9600 -l /dev/tty01
depending on which port.  I am using a Mac IIci and the standard
1.1 release.

Hope this is helpful

Dan