Subject: demand-dial ppp? (was Re: sl/ip trouble)
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.allegheny.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1996 08:36:28
On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, Colin Wood wrote:

> Ok, I've gotten PPP working now, I guess SL/IP was causing trouble last
> night.  So, does anyone know how to quit a PPP session using chat?

   I just looked at the ppp-down script and there's not much more than a
   kill for the pppd.  I added a couple route commands to shut up some of
   my background daemons, but that's all I have in there.

   Anyone using demand-dial PPP care to share a bit of knowledge??  I'm
   doing fine with a "manual" PPP setup, but remember seeing references
   to someone's success with demand-dial a while back (I think).

   andrew.  (brennan@allegheny.edu)