Subject: Trouble using SL/IP or PPP with GENERIC#7
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1996 01:24:54
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else was using the bsddip program to
get a SL/IP connection with MacBSD.  I've used it in the past; it's
worked just fine.  Last night, I finally got the chance to try out
GENERIC#7 off of puma last night, and, unfortunately, I can't get SL/IP
to work.  Using dip, I can dial just fine.  The connection appears to be
made just fine as well.  However, when dip tries to ifconfig the sl0
interface, it dies, saying that something like

SIOGIFFFLAGS:  device not configured

So, does anybody have any clues why this might be the case?  I'll try a
few more things tonight to see if I can get it to work, but, like I said,
it's always worked before.  I'm afraid that I'm missing something fairly
obvious, so please feel free to tell me so.  Oh, I almost forgot, I tried
using the standard ppp chat script as well, but it appeared to just hang,
and I still could not get any route to my gateway.  Oh well...

Thanks in advance.