Subject: PowerBook 520
To: netbsd.com <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron F Godfrey <ag5c+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/1996 23:54:58
Hi!
    I have a PowerBook 520 (68LC040 - no FPU) @ 25 MHz with an internal
IBM 170 MB hard drive and externally, a Sanyo CD-ROM, SyQuest EZ135 and
Quantum Lightning 730.  I have NetBSD latest tarballs of binaries
installed and the latest PB 550 test kernel.  When I boot, it boots into
single user very well.  The problem is that very few commands seem to
work, especially ones that are useful.  So far, everything except "cat"
(mount, ps, etc...) generate an "Illegal Instruction" error and exit
back to the shell.  I have an installation that splits root and usr.
Should I try combining the root & usr partitions?
    The partitions are (partitioned w/ SilverLining):
    20 Megs root
    30 megs swap
    150 megs usr

    I don't know at what stage the PB520 port is, but I'd be happy to
test kernels etc.  I'd really like to get NetBSD on my PowerBook because
it runs so well on a Mac IIci at work.  Thanks!

                                                                    -- Forest
|  Forest Godfrey                           ag5c+@andrew.cmu.edu|
|  Penguins in '97!                       fgodfrey@nyx.cs.du.edu|
|  Go Badgers!               Internet: Use it.  Don't abuse it! |
|  Vote Democrat!     Your share of the national debt>$17,000   |
|         Save the planet!  We don't have a backup copy         |