Subject: Re: Working Color X Video Kernel for IIci?
To: Wayland Smith <alannon@cafe.net>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/1996 15:06:23
As far as I know, color doesn't work on the IIci (of course it may just
be that it doesn't work on my IIci with my Apple Macintosh Video Board).
Here's what happens when I try to boot with the color kernel and X server:

1) The boot proceeds normally until it is time to initialize the grf
device, then suddenly the screen turns black.
2) Through careful typing, I log in and start X.  At this point, it
appears nothing is happening, still.
3) I move the mouse around and notice that the Xterm title bars are
hiliting, so X is in fact working, but the only color I can see is light
blue on a black background.  After experimenting for a while, I determine
that gray65 or some such color appears to show up best against the black
background.

So, it appears that color isn't quite up to snuff yet, at least on my
machine.  I figured I might take a look at it at some point this summer,
but I don't know if I'll have time.

I hope this answers your question somewhat.

Later.