Subject: Help!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/04/1996 15:45:07
Hi folks!

I have just bought a Macintosh IIcx with:

203 MB Harddisk
32 MB RAM
Apple TwoPage Monitor and Nubus Card for it
Apple Extended Keyboard
Apple ADB Mouse
Logitech 3-button mouse

I have Storware 3.0.3 for partion of my Harddisk
I have downloaded the following binaries of the NetBSD 1.1 distribution:

netbsd11
comp11
etc.

I have also downloaded the X11R6 package.

I tried to follow the Install notes, but it doesn't match it:

First I partioned the harddisk: 10MB HFS (Sytem 7.1), 64MB Swap, 139 MB
Root/User
I did run the mkfs and formatted the Root/User partion without any errors
I did install of the binaries without any errors.

But when I booted NetBSD I didn't see a login prompt, where I was supposed to
login as root?

And when I tried to install the X-package, the kernel shouted "Panic!"?

So if someone can please tell me what to do to make my configuration work I'll
be very happy!