Subject: Re: Mac Q 610.....
To: Phil Nasadowski <philnaz@tribeca.ios.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/04/1996 01:18:11
On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Phil Nasadowski wrote:

>  Has anyone got lucky and gotten NetBSD to work on a Quadra 610???

No amount of luck will help, as at present there is no support for the
SCSI controller on the Q610, and on-board Ethernet support is rather
unhappy at the moment.

> And I foun d you have to be in B&W mode to get ANYTHING to come up on
> screen...

This is interesting, but I'm not sure why.  Maybe one of the video hackers
around here can shed some light on it. :-)  Typically, though, I boot in
B&W mode, just because it's faster (less bits to move around).  There is
some faint hope that an NFS-root kernel will run sometime after the
upcoming 1.2 release, but there's apparently a snag to work through first.

--scott