Subject: Unofficial NetBSD/mac68k-1.2_BETA prerelease available
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/1996 17:40:52
I've uploaded an unofficial mac68k 1.2_BETA prerelease to

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/1.2_BETA/

and included two kernels.  I've appended the README file from that
directory to this message.

This isn't intended to undermine Steve Allen's excellent support of the
project; I am just making available a release that I had compiled for
myself from the officially designated NetBSD-1.2_BETA source tree (which
was tagged shortly after Steve's last build).  In addition, I wanted to
provide some generic kernels, particularly one with the `sbc' driver, for
those folks that had requested them.

--scott

-----[snip]-----
The 1.2_BETA prerelease distribution contained here was generated from
June 22, 1996 source code.

- There is no secr.tar.gz with this prerelease.  As such, users who depend
  on Kerberos functionality will want to avoid installing this distribution.
  However, on the positive side, this distribution can be used effectively
  by anyone who does _not_ depend on Kerberos, whether in North America or
  internationally.

- GENERIC.tar.gz and GENERICSBC.tar.gz can be installed with the Installer,
  or unpacked from a running NetBSD system and copied into place.  The only
  difference between the kernels is that GENERICSBC uses the `sbc' SCSI
  driver instead of the standard `ncrscsi' driver, and does not support
  the `ncrscsi96' driver (which isn't quite working anyway).

This isn't an official prerelease with Allen Briggs' blessing, so please
don't complain to him of file corruption or missing files.  Thanks.

Scott Reynolds, 2 July 1996.