Subject: Re: modem setup & temp. signoff & minor queries
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/1996 10:10:13
> A few remarks:
>
> Watch the log messages (in /var/log/messages as far as I recall) to see
> whether or not the PPP session is completed correctly.

Also turn on the debugging in chat to see the conversation between
your computer and the ISP.

> Use a command like telnet or ping if you just want to check that you can
> actually use the PPP connection to communicate with the rest of the world.

Also, ifconfig -a will tell you the status of the interface. You can
try this even if you don't have DNS set up.

> To install lynx from source text is a minor task, but to compile Mosaic
> is more complicated as we don't normally have Motif on NetBSD systems,
> but Lesstif may do it -- have anybody actuall built Mosaic w/ Lesstif?

I thought someone had compiled Mosaic w/ Motif staticly linked. I think
it's on the Amiga download sites.

Take care,

Bill