Subject: Daystar SE/30 Accelerator and MacBSD
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Hockenhull <benh@inlink.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/1996 14:14:39
So, I decided to not pursue trying to clockchip my SE/30 with the Apollo
50mHz 030 chip I have.
Instead, I just bought a Daystar 40mHz slotless accelerator for my SE/30.
I got it with no docs and no software, but the price was right...

I'm on the track of the drivers, (I emailed support@daystar.com) but was
wondering if I should anticipate any BSD-side problems with this
accelerator.

I know that some folks on this list are using Daystar Accelerators of one
kind or another and would be very interested in their experiences.

Also, in the event that Daystar doesn't come through with drivers, does
anyone know where else I might be able to find them?  Their FTP site
doesn't appear to have them.

Thanks,

Ben Hockenhull
benh@inlink.com