Subject: Re: X11 Color kit and SE/30
To: Steven Sartorius <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter O'Keefe <biology@dreamscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/1996 14:24:50
> I installed these
>according to the README and booted back into NetBSD where I hung about
>2/3 of the way through.
I had the same problem-but when I set my monitor to B&W ahead of time it
worked.  But I couldnt start up X because of a problem download.

> installed these and successfully booted.  When I
>fired up the X server though, no color; both the internal screen
>(obviously) and the attached Apple Color Display remained in 1-bit mode.
>The only thing I can thi

Try going to the monitors control panel ahead of time and set your
main(startup) screen to the apple color display.  I have the exact same
display myself.  See what happens