Subject: Re: Suggestion for which network card for SE/30?
To: None <mlk@mlksys.atl.ga.us>
From: Ben Hockenhull <benh@inlink.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/1996 13:37:04
Michael,

I have found that the Asante NIC cards for the SE/30 work quite well.  I
now have 2 of them in my 2 SE/30's running NetBSD and have had no problems
other than the notice that the nic memory has been corrupted (upon boot).

I believe that any NIC card based on a Sonic chip should be avoided, as
support for those chipsets is not complete under NetBSD.  (Unless, of
course, you want to help complete this support:)  (Correct me if I am
mistaken, please)

You should be able to find one of the Asante cards for about $35.00-$40.00
onthe net.  I do have drivers if you need them.

Have fun!

Ben

>I am looking for a suggestion on whose network card to purchase for the
>SE/30?  Also, I assume NetBSD can use such a card on the SE/30?

---<<benh@inlink.com>>-----
"Does my nose amuse you?  Is it funny, like a clown?"
Dedicated to the idea that one day, I'll throw away my pager forever...