Subject: PB180, Hanging on "mapping from MMU"
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Adelson <macbsd@adelson.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1996 16:15:37
Just subscribed to the list a moment ago, pleased to join you.

I have a Powerbook 160, souped up to a 180 with the Digital Eclipse upgrade
(FPU, 33mhz).  Behaves like a PB180.

I've successfully completed the install of netbsd 1.1 for the second time.
I originally did this in December and was able to boot, so I know it's possible.

Now I'm at it again, only this time, it hangs at the message,

"Getting mapping from MMU."

In the past, I've seen others with this problem, and for the life of me I can't
remember the fix.  Any suggestions?  My screen is set to black and white, though
I'm perfectly happy to boot via the serial/printer console.  My memory is set
for 32-bit memory addressing, no ram disk, virtual memory is not an option.

P.S... Brad Grantham, long time no see. I'm manager of NETCOM Network Operations
now...how ya been?

-Jay Adelson
macbsd@adelson.org