Subject: Re: Attempts to install on a IIsi
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1996 15:03:13
On Jun 27, 10:51am, Colin Wood wrote:
>I'm fairly sure that the IIsi has clean ROM's as anything from the IIci
>onward should be just fine (this means the II, IIcx, and SE/30 have trouble).

I believe the IIx fits into the "trouble list" as well.

>get it to boot, there are some utilities on the MacOS side which will
>tell you this kind of thing.  I think one is called MacEnvy, although I'm
>not too sure where you can find a copy (probably at any infomac or umich
>mirror).

Be careful, though, of SoftwareFPU.  It fools MacSide applications that
test for the FPU.

>blank.  I don' know of anyone who has successfully used a miniroot
>before, either.

I did, when doing some testing on my C610.  There used to be a setup
on Puma with a booter, kernel and miniroot, but I'm pretty sure it's
not there anymore...

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

In case of atomic attack, the federal ruling against prayer in schools
will be temporarily canceled.