Subject: Re: Swap on other harddisk?
To: Elias Halldor Agustsson <eha@itn.is>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1996 13:55:01
> >I have set up NetBSD on my IIci with an old internal 40 Mb HD as
> >swap, and the external 250 Mb as root&usr. The problem is that NetBSD
> >doesn't seem to find the swap partion.
>
> I could never get NetBSD to find my swap partition until I switched to the
> wormhole kernel.

This has come up before.  In the past, the problem was that the GENERIC
kernel configuration did not support swap partitions other than on the
same device as root (or perhaps it had trouble with multiple swap
partitions).  I thought that Allen had fixed the GENERIC configuration so
that it finds a swap partition, but it is possible that he didn't.

Anyway, one sure way around this is to configure a kernel that
specifically looks for the swap partition on another disk.  If you look
at some of the other kernel config files, at least one should show
roughly how to do this.

Later.