Subject: Re: jove (last time)
To: David Bushong <dbushong@cory.eecs.berkeley.edu>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.allegheny.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1996 11:08:34
On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, David Bushong wrote:

> 	OK, I asked before, but I think my mail got botched somewhere on
> my end, so last time:  Does *anyone* know where I could get a binary of
> jove, or even a how-to on editing the source to work w/ netbsd?  vi and
> pico can only carry me so far, and emacs is a little too large..

   I pulled down the jove source the other night when I saw your message,
   but I've had a few drive failures (ugh) and my machine is down for the
   count until I tear it apart to figure out what's up.

   Have you looked at jed?  It has an emacs emulation that might do what
   you want and I'd be extremely surprised if you have trouble compiling
   it - slrn (by the same author & using the same base code) was simple
   on my home machine (when it was working ...  :^(

   Check at ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/jed/ - be sure to get the slang
   distribution, too.

   andrew.