Subject: Swap on other harddisk?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Magnusson <Andreas.Magnusson@mailbox.swipnet.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1996 13:43:56
Hi everybody,

I have set up NetBSD on my IIci with an old internal 40 Mb HD as
swap, and the external 250 Mb as root&usr. The problem is that NetBSD
doesn't seem to find the swap partion.

The only probable cause I can find is that the root&usr partition is
on sd1, and the swap is on sd0. The reason that I haven't tried it
myself is that is a bore to swap disks, especially the external
casing :-)

So, does anybody reqognize the problem, and is the solution to swap
the disks (really just making sure that the root&usr gets first in
the SCSI chain.

/Andreas
Andreas Magnusson
Application Engineer, Intentia Research & Development

Andreas.Magnusson@mailbox.swipnet.se