Subject: Re: dt
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/1996 16:17:07

> On Tue, 25 Jun 1996 omar@webnetmktg.com wrote: > > > Date: Tue, 25 Jun
1996 20:30:23 -0500 > > From: omar@webnetmktg.com > > To:
port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG > > Subject: dt > > > > Sorry Sorry Sorry for
asking such a lame question but what is dt? > > Desktop.  Basically, it
allows you to switch between multiple > pseudo-terminals, effectively
letting you do more than one thing at once > while logged in on the
console. > > I wish there were some utility like it for serial console.
It's pretty > bad having to have my Power Mac and Apple IIgs both hooked
up.... > > Later, > >

Ughh! it looks like someone's emailer doesn't add quite the right
end-of-line character for pico to handle it...

Any way.  If you want a dt-like utility for a serial console, try
checking out a utility called screen.  It is somewhat similar to dt in
that you can have multiple screens open at one time and switch between
them using some key combination.  I used to use it occasionally when I
only had modem access to Rice's unix system.  I'm not sure where you can
get it, but the usual unix archives probably have a copy.

Later.