Subject: Re: Trying to add a partition to filesystem...
To: Jell-O <wookie@us.net>
From: Steve Bowers <gargle@tcp.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/1996 20:48:35
I would suggest using a partition type of A/UX user which should show up as
sd*g and does get recognised by disklabel and everything else.

>Hi,
>
>I'm attempting to add a second partition (not including swap) to my
>filesystem.  It seems that although my Mac partitioning software
>recognizes the partition, disklabel does not.  I've heard that a couple of
>things are "broken" with disklabel.  Maybe it's part of the problem.
>Anyway, here's the info:
>
>Partitions read with MacOS Silverlining software:
>
>        Apple                   (partition map)         31k
>        Macintosh_SL            (Driver434)             32k
>        root&usr                (UNIX_SVR2)             185606k
>        Swap                    (UNIX_SVR2)             20480k
>        Free Unix slice 3       (UNIX_SVR2)             220000k
>        Big Bad Disk            (HFS)                   640994k
[snip]

SteveB

 Steve Bowers       3rd year Electronics Student
                    Southampton University, UK

 gargle@tcp.co.uk
 srb93@ecs.soton.ac.uk
 squid@mono.org
 (I love multi-purpose .sigs :)
 "I look at aethists and wish I had their faith"