Subject: Re: dt
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/1996 10:57:58
The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] writes:
>I wish there were some utility like dt for serial console.  It's pretty
>bad having to have my Power Mac and Apple IIgs both hooked up....

Umm...  how about 'screen'?  It works over any connection (dialup,
telnet, direct serial, console, etc. etc.), and has a lot of cool
features like being able to redirect stdin/stdout/stderr of running
programs, transport login sessions between connections, and keep things
going if the connection is dropped so that you can log back in and pick
up where you left off.  Of course, about the only feature I ever use is
creating multiple virtual terminals and switching between them. ;)

It's gnu software, and is available from the usual places.

-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                      monroe@teleport.com